On the Radio

As the project comes to its practical, if not theoretical, conclusion it’s time to put the final version of the audio  into the public arena. I will do that but hold on for a moment. In a future post, perhaps a couple of days,  I will also explore if “broadcast” is needed to make a piece actually art but for now I will leave this post as a practical description.

Steve the artist, Dylan (that’s me and I am struggling to give myself a formal title, perhaps facilitator) and one of the initial recorders and collaborators Jake were guests on the Mid Week Drive programme on Siren FM. An arts based discussion programme where we were amongst studio and international phone guests. mwdWe talked around a number of artistic and political issues as well as reviewing each other’s work to some extent.

It was particularly nice to listen to the work of singer songwriter  Kirsty Churchill as well as get the views of actress Annette Andre (Prisoner Cell Block H amongst other credits).

Steve has a long and fruitful conversation with Los Angeles film producer, director and screen writer, blogger, educationist and broadcaster!  Phil Leirness. I think as we collected our post show fish and chips Steve was dreaming of stardom!

Jake, who is sometimes called Phil on the broadcast and sometime Zak! spoke about his involvement in Sound.ogg and his aspirations. Chatting with fellow guests Nick who is rock photographer (music not geological) and Cat, a publicist, seemed to give him much confidence that he could hold his own.

CSbAig_XIAEghUBIn true Hollywood fashion….Thanks to Alex the presenter and producer of Mid Week  Drive for inviting us in, thanks to the Swan Pub for providing us with a pint of Guinness and a pint Doombar and thanks to Saxilby Fish and Chips (open daily 11.30 – 2300).

All that remains it to listen to what we said about what on the podcast.